Our Costume Contest is being brought to you by those time travelling do-gooders, the Aether Brigade!
The contest will take place on Saturday at 4pm in Grand Ballroom A. Award plaques will be given for three categories:
1) Best Overall, 2) Best Science-Fiction, 3) Best Fantasy
Here are our rules:
Pacificon Costume Contest Guidelines and Rules
- Registration for each contestant will be held at the registration desk for Pacificon (located across from the dealer’s room. There is a limit to the number of contestants. Please register early in order to ensure entrance into the contest.
- All participants’ costumes are required to abide by all of Pacificon policies, or else they may be disqualified from the contest.
- All participants will be required to sign a permission/release/waiver form to participate in the costume contest. Minors less than 18 years of age may participate in the costume contest only if a permission/release/waiver form is signed by the minor’s legal guardian. You must sign these forms in order to participate.
- Parents are required to accompany children 13 years of age and younger during the costume contest.
- Costumes will be judged on accuracy, creativity, “Mondoness” and presentation
- Purchased, professionally made, or rented costumes may only be entered as exhibition costumes. These costumes may be presented during the contest, but will not be eligible for awards.
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power, it must be part of your costume design.
- “No costume is no costume.” Public nudity is illegal in California, so come dressed in a manner that would not violate the law. Please remember that children will be present in the audience. Also, please keep your costume in the realm of “good taste” vulgar or graphic costumes may be rejected.
- No dangerous or potentially dangerous props will be allowed. No pyrotechnics, live flames, or smoke generators of any kind. No real weapons of any kind are allowed. This includes any of the weapons listed in the Pacificon weapons policy. Compliance with Pacificon weapons policy is expected. Contestants violating this rule will be immediately disqualified, as well as any other repercussions for violating weapons policy.
- All awards presented are at the judges’ discretion.
- All participants will be allotted up to 30 seconds to present their costumes for the judges and audience to see. Participants may not go over this time limit.
Pacificon isn’t responsible for lost or damaged property.
By entering the costume contest, you agree to the costume contest rules and attendance policy.
Pacificon reserves the right to make changes to these rules at any time.