We have a limited number of GM badges available for the show. Our department heads jury the submissions and take the best ones and award those people a GM badge for the weekend.
Note that the eight hour requirement is the minimum you must submit to even be considered for a GM badge…it is not an entitlement. (That requirement is twelve hours for the Organized Play programs.)
QUALIFYING FOR FREE ADMISSION AT PACIFICON GAME EXPO 2019:
(1) You must submit a game before July 31, 2019.
(2) It must be approved and published by Convention Staff after the submission is evaluated for meeting our criteria. (As part of the process, and based on other submissions throughout the submission period, Staff may need to ask you to move the time of your game, or make changes to its location or whatever else is needed for the benefit of the community and convention, even after an event is given approval.)
(3) You need to run a minimum of eight hours of games, twelve hours in Organized Play. (For non-collectible miniatures games with extensive setups, up to one hour of your load-in and setup combined count as part of your eight hour commitment.) (Note: There are some smaller and shorter games that are more suitable for Open Gaming then they are for Scheduled Play. Try to make sure your commitment includes at least 32 player hours of games AND be at least eight hours (multiply avg. number of players times hours GMing) otherwise your submission will unlikely qualify towards earning a GM badge.) <Note that approving events does not mean you have been approved for a GM pass. That notification will come closer to the show date…about a month prior.>
(4) You must be willing and capable of teaching the game to new players. For board games, you must be willing to oversee multiple boards of the same game, to the extent that games and table space is available to play. You must be willing to give up your seat at the game for a player.
(5) You must be able to supply the basic materials (game, dice, photocopies, etc.) for your game.
(6) You must be at least 18 years of age.
(7) You must submit a valid, verifiable email address, and legal name to the convention. Photo ID is required to pickup your GM
packet at the convention.
(8) Your submission MUST include a valid phone number we can reach you at during the convention. This is to be provided during the submission process.
(9) Events submitted where the GM or Demo Person or Designer is being compensated, or is financially benefiting in any way by the publisher or its agent, or where the GM or Demo Person or Designer has a monetary stake in the game will not qualify for free badge status.
(Note: If a publisher or vendor wants a table to demo product, they need to pay the convention for use of that table.)
(10) GMs are required to make certain that every player in the game is wearing their proper convention credentials at mid-torso or higher, during the entire time they are playing. They cannot participate in the game without having their credentials present and worn. GMs risk their own credentials by allowing a player(s) to play without their credentials.
>EVENT ORGANIZER’S AGREEMENT:
By submitting your events to Pacificon, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
(1) You will begin and end your events at the time specified. (If your game runs short or is cancelled, you may be asked to make up the time helping to volunteer at the show.)
(2) You will allow only attendees with the appropriate badge to participate in your events. (The unbadged attendee will be booted from the show, and the GM will risk losing their GM badge as well.)
(3) You will not move your events from their scheduled locations or occupy more space than allocated without the approval of Pacificon staff.
(4) You understand that running events at Pacificon does not make you an employee of Pacificon, the Hotel, or any Exhibitor.
Volunteers are needed to work many areas of the show. Working at least eight hours in one, or a combination, of these areas earns you a free admission for the entire convention. Contact Jackie to register as a volunteer. conquest dot jackie at gmail dot com.
REGISTRATION & REIMBURSEMENT:
GMs and Volunteers are not required to pay for their badge in advance. (See the above rules on how to qualify for your badge by GMing or Volunteering.) If you have already paid for your badge, and you later have a game you submitted (before July 15, 2019) and then approved, you must notify us and request a reimbursement no later than thirty days before the show date (July 31, 2019). Reimbursement will be offered in the form of a ticket for a future convention, or a current convention t-shirt.
NO REIMBURSEMENTS WILL BE GIVEN ONSITE OR AFTER THE SHOW.
Please send pre-show reimbursement requests to Jackie at:
conquest dot jackie at gmail dot com
LOSS OF VOLUNTEER/GM STATUS:
Loss of status may occur, at our discretion, if any of the following occur:
1) Missing volunteer assignments without notice and/or valid excuse.
2) Legally lose the ability to work with or around children unsupervised.
3) Conduct unbecoming of a representative of the organization. This includes on-site and pre-show activities.
The decision of an Executive Staff member can be appealed to the Con Chair, who’s word is final.
If you have any questions about being a GM write the Program Manager at: events at pacificongameexpo dot com
If you would like to volunteer in registration, logistics, or convention services, please write Jackie at: conquest dot jackie at gmail dot com